Decodable nonfiction to inspire your curious little learners.
These engaging nonfiction books are decodable meaning children use their knowledge of letters and sounds to decode (sound-out) the text. Little Learners BIG WORLD nonfiction follow the same phonics sequence as our decodable fiction (Pip and Tim), providing extra reading practice ... and so much more!
In this series we cover a range of relevant topics and text types – packing in as many facts as possible. Children will build content knowledge and vocabulary – vital for the development of comprehension. Every book includes a Talk About It section designed to spark discussion and develop oral language skills.
Beautifully designed with a hybrid photographic and illustrative visual approach – these books will engage children and enable them to experience success.
Phonemes and graphemes: j u k x w; Heart words: her of are too for see.
- Book 1 – Bus, Cab, Jet
- Book 2 – Bugs
- Book 3 – Cub, Pup and Kid
- Book 4 – In My Hut
- Book 5 – The Fox Kids
Once children have been explicitly taught the Stage 4 letters and sounds (and Heart Words), they can start reading these five nonfiction books by applying their knowledge.
- Packed with facts (and plenty of humour) on a range of local and global topics
- Follows the tried and tested LLLL sequence to ensure children achieve success
- Every book includes ‘How to enjoy this book’ notes, ‘Speed Words’ for additional reading practice and a ‘Talk About It’ page with extra facts to discuss and explore together
- More content is available through a QR code in the back of the book to inspire children to go further in their learning after reading the book.
These are nonfiction books children will LOVE to read with words they CAN read.