Consistent and meaningful independent reading and writing practice.
Read, write and draw is an engaging and meaningful independent reading and writing practice routine for children working at Stages 7.3 and 7.4 of the Little Learners Love Literacy® sequence. Offering 384 cards, children can engage with this independent reading and writing practice routine at word, phrase or sentence level.
How to: Select a card - read it aloud, read it to your partner, write it (with or without the card for support), read your writing, make corrections, draw a picture to match. By drawing a picture to match the chosen card, children can show their understanding.
- Decoding and reading fluency practice
- Comprehension and vocabulary enrichment, including words with multiple meanings
- Spelling and handwriting practice
- Differentiate with three levels of challenge – word, phrase and sentence.
- Instructions will be available via a QR code on the box.
- Also available as part of a value pack.
Learn more about how the read, write and draw routine can be implemented in your classroom.