Explicit teaching support and carefully constructed activities for reading, spelling and writing for Stages Plus 4, 5 and 6.
This is the digital version of the Stages Plus 4, 5 and 6 Teacher Activity Resource book.
In these stages children begin to learn consonant digraphs (two letters, one sound) and they practise blending and segmenting two or three adjacent consonants in words. The focus in this new edition TAR is on reading and spelling – reversible skills which need to be linked for the most effective teaching.
Stage Plus 4 sequence: ll ss ff + suffix -s
Stage 5 sequence: blending adjacent consonants (jump, snap, grunt) + ck
Stage 6 sequence: sh ch tch th ng ph wh
Use this TAR alongside the Pip and Tim Stages Plus 4, 5 and 6 decodable books and Little Learners Love Literacy® practice games such as Sound Swap, Tim’s Quiz and Read, Write and Draw.
Teacher Activity Resource Stages Plus 4, 5 and 6:
- Breaks down the content with weekly planning guidance
- Includes unique small group instruction resources such as Let’s spell, Let’s write, Sound and write
- Provides opportunities for children to grow their vocabulary
- Includes punctuation activities – question mark, exclamation mark, possessive apostrophe
- Provides phonemic fun activities for the whole class
- Provides opportunities for children to practise and apply knowledge with activities for independent reading and writing.